Sunday 14 November 2010

Ignorance is Bliss?


 It is evident that some have unrivalled passion and drive for something, whether it be a hobby or an interest. What startles me more than anything that I have recently done was a day out in London, it was a pleasurable experience going to various museums and art galleries. What made me think more than anything else that day was not the expression or passion for art but instead my moments in parliament square. Walking around seeing the bronze statues of former arguably great politicians and leaders, then seeing the anti-war protesters that have been camped out in the square for 9 years. This is when i took note, I cannot say anything that will console these people it is impossible to make up the words, when I know myself that many of them I agree with, how can someone dedicate their own existence to one sole purpose of trying to endlessly make the government change. Many look upon them as insane possible troublemakers, conspiracy makers but the evidence is contrary to this fact. I then think why do most people just walk by not even paying a second of their time to try and understand the anger and hatred that they have for our political system and all those involved, maybe they are scared, not of the protesters but in fact about learning about the truth, or even just accepting it. People are too busy to notice how their actions react and effect others, many don’t have a care in the world fine dining every evening not paying even the slightest thought to what is occurring in distant lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment